Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Today's Song - Steinbrenner by Social Club


Let me start this post off saying I've been anticipating releasing this song as the song of the day for some time now. Social Club is an up and coming and in many ways here already group consisting of Marty and Fern who both offer distinctive yet still resonant voices to the mix. If you listen to Christian Hip Hop pretty regularly, you may recognize them after listening.

Steinbrenner comes off the album "The Summer of George" and is one of my current favorites. From a purely musical standpoint, the flow from both Marty and Fern is very strong and the beat absolutely bangs. Content speaking, this song goes off. 

It starts with a poignant sound clip from a sermon of some kind which defiantly declares to an ominous introduction of the beat these words:

"You got to understand something about God. Sin does not intimidate God like it intimidates man. God is not intimidated with sin. There is no sin or sinner that is irreparable, irredeemable with Jesus. There is no sin that is too great that the blood of Jesus cannot cover. Sin is NOT a problem, for God."

Then, like Marty does, the standard of a solid chorus is raised again:

I lay my life down for the King of kings
who died and laid everything down - it don't make sense
I feel like why would You even want me
and even though I don't do what's right You still want me!
A misfit means we claim You in our hearts
Tattoos don't make you a sinner - it makes you who you are
But they try to clean you up before they get you to God
I'm fresh outta the battle, I'm branded with all these scars! 

From there, Fern takes it with a powerful beat drop discussing how his "voice is an instrument" for God and "without of the grace of God, we're straight terrible..."Marty gets his own verse after his next chorus, pouring out how "[God's] grace is falling like an avalanche!" and more truth.

As far as unashamed music goes, this is near the pinnacle. It gets me amped every time.
Enjoy:




For more music from Social Club including downloads and "name your price" albums, click here.

Best,
Felix

No comments:

Post a Comment