Sunday, September 15, 2013

Today's Song - Please You by Jay Carlisle


Today's song's comes to us from Jay Carlisle, a member of REKCITY. It really speaks to me in that it stresses how one really desires to please God, but how that desire alone is often met with struggles. Throughout the song, the artist discusses how important it is to stay in the word and to fight the natural urges to obey the flesh. Musically, the song has a positive, upbeat sound and a catchy hook that sticks with you long after the song ends.
Here's an excerpt from the song:

And when the pain cuts deep in my heart you stop the bleeding
I might get sucker punched some times, but I'm still breathing
I'm still here, I'm still standing
Yeah they can cut my legs off, I'll start hand-standing...

I'm sick of mistakes
I'm sick of being fake
Tryna stop my old ways
But it's like they cut the brakes
I wanna leave
but it's like I just keep getting raked
Back into my flesh
that I've learned to hate.

You can find the song for streaming and download on Rapzilla here!
Check it out, it'll have you whistling throughout the day.

Best,
Felix


No comments:

Post a Comment