Saturday, October 5, 2013

Today's Song - Intro by Eshon Burgundy ft. Jay Harris (off his album "For God's Sake")


For God's sake - and for His sake only
I'm wondering if you can partake and pray for me
Pray I do it for His glory not my own
Before I turn my back on Him, I take a 40 to the dome...
Evil Evil,
We know the difference between wrong and right
And our condition got us wishing for the longest life...
Cuz I don't need no praise
From the street or the stage
Arrogance is a drug and that buzz last for days...
If that was me instead of Christ on that mountain above the hill
and Satan woulda made me that offer, I woulda kneeled.
We all woulda - but thank God for the carpenter
who carried himself marvelous
all for us...

"He crossed the culture, became a man, walked this earth sinless and then got charged with all our sins and got nailed to a cross and killed. Three days later he rose up like 'Homie I'm back...' and because of that, because He died for our sins, that's why we do what we do...it's for God's sake..."

Eshon Burgundy of Humble Beast spits truth and honesty with what sounds like home cooked classic style beats. The combination of biblical based lyricism with his beats produces an uplifting and impactful jam.

"Intro" is available for download/stream along with the rest of Eshon's album For God's Sake here.

Eshon has a bandcamp with more of his music as well. It's well worth the listen.

Best,
Felix

No comments:

Post a Comment