Friday, September 27, 2013

Today's Song - Pain by LK


LK may not be an easy rapper to find, but he should be. I am saying that based off the one song I've heard by him. That's how good this is. I'm gonna go exploring more now though. The amount of truth, hope, and faith put into 5 minutes of a banging instrumental produced by Noodles is startling.

I think a difficulty some rappers with good flow have is getting their words to be entirely audible and for their message to get across. LK does not have that problem.

Here's some of his crystal clear message:
(Intro)
You see I know we can get away from this pain if we are willing to call on Jesus' name. But you see I also know that people feel the same pain every day and they feel like Jesus is turning and walking away. But that's not the case though.

I know the pain you feel is real
But I know that Jesus heals

I know the pain you feel is real
You try to cure it by drinking and popping pills
It feels like it's working but not for real
These are what I like to call temporary thrills
Drinking till you can't remember what happened the past night
Tryna hide your pain so you living in a mask like
It's the 31st of the 10th month 
None of that works by itself so you on your 10th blunt!...

Jesus can calm the storm 
and perform
the work in you
that heals the hurt in you
Cast your cares on Him
and your burdens too...

Bars. That's all I gotta say.
Stream/Download it here and follow the man on twitter for his new stuff - I'll be over it too!

Best,
Felix

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Did not expect to see this song reviewed but I really appreciate it bro! Means a lot to me! You just motivated me more than you know, NEW music coming very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries bro excited to hear more, you can count on my support.

    ReplyDelete