Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Today's Song - F.A.I.L. by Erick Dayz




Erick Dayz is somewhat of an underground and hidden treasure within the Christian Hip Hop world. Through some discussion with him, the Fort Myers, FL native raps with the mission to introduce God's love to the unchurched population. He does this through speaking about a Christ-centric view of his life, presenting Christ "as the only way to achieve abundant life." 

From hearing what I have of Erick Dayz, he's a mixture of Frank Sintara sounding instrumentals with a flavor of funk and a smooth consistent flow. F.A.I.L. is an honest account of his life and the faults he has while using theological references and ideas to demonstrate the presence of a greater love.

Excerpt from the song:
That incident occurs
When God's image is blurred
and our vision is deterred
by the insatiable urges
illusions illustrated to lose us
instead I got lost in it,
Father infuse love
My identity lacks 
Illuminating self is the intro to wrath
I'm in deep so invoke a little prayer for me
Hope that the infallible Truth ignites intimacy
A Godless love is equal to hate from ailment...

Lethargic moving my walk of life a labyrinth
This territory I landed in is the ratchet-ist
I'm spiritually Lazarus
Need a lift or a ladder quick!

F.A.I.L. can be played and downloaded on Erick Dayz's bandcamp found here.
Also on the website are multiple singles he has released along with his mixtape, "Souled Out."
His music is already racking up the play count on my iTunes...

-Felix

No comments:

Post a Comment