Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Today's Song - The Edge of the World by Je'kob ft. Deraj


Life - we live it
And I ain't gotta tell ya that I'm with it
But we got liars on that mic who sold they souls for money
And liars in the pulpit who sold for milk and honey
Some times that fakeness will infect me
I pray God will protect me
and if you see me slippin then I pray one of y'all check me...

...fathers leavin their families
Kids comin up with no dads
That there - is so sad
So they turn the music on, turning up the system
So these rappers can deliver twisted wisdom, listen...

Je'kob delivers a really solid message (with a very strong last verse by Deraj) in "The Edge of the World," highlighting some of the problems with people using modern day music (or other alternatives outside of Divine love) to attempt to drown out their problems. He brings a fair point too - people turn to anything that will comfort them, and especially the messages you hear about violence, sex and drugs, while albeit never truly edifying, certainly don't help develop a young boy's mind.


Best,
Felix




No comments:

Post a Comment