Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Today's Song - ATLast by Alex Faith (ft. Christon Gray)


I'm a huge Alex Faith and WLAK (We Live As Kings) fan and not only did I preorder ATLast, my friend and I had a countdown to when it would be available. The wait was well worth it and I'll try and give the whole album a review this Saturday but I couldn't resist sharing this gem until then. "ATLast," the title track is a smooth sailing, inspiring and moving song with an awesome message and the mixture of Christon Gray's choruses in between Alex Faith's lines is such a good combo (further proved in about every WLAK song that features the two). Actually, this song is so good, it's even Alex's favorite one of the new album (which is no small claim):
Here are just a few of the lyrics:

...but the greatest gift of all was the Gospel of God
When I was lost in sin He came and met me in a puddle of blood
Beneath the rugged cross I lay, what have I done?
Looking up, I'm at the feet of God's only begotten Son!
I'm humbled, but at the same time I feel terrified
Crown of thorns is on His head, ain't no fire in His eyes
and I make sure that He's dead - I see Him bleeding from the side
Then it hit me, I'm made in God's own image, why do I feel so blind?
I crucified Jesus - I was there on that day
I told 'em "Hang Him on that tree!"
I told 'em "Put Him on display!"
I'm crushed under weight, all of a sudden my dismay
is lifted raised up my head and He told me it's ok
And He looked me in my eyes and told me I'm forgiven
He touched the coal to my lip and sent me on a mission

Elevate success to how much is in our salary
Broadcast it on the airwaves, proclaiming fallacies
that if we get to where they at, that means we have it all
always chasin' something more, can't we see we're bound to fall?

Phenomenal. Experience it put into music:


Once again, as I always say, don't get this illegally. These guys are barely compensated for the work they do. Buy Alex Faith's album right here!

Best,
Felix

No comments:

Post a Comment